A bit about Spectrum Restoration DKI
About Spectrum Restoration DKI: Founded in 2006, Spectrum Restoration DKI is a 24/7 emergency service restoration company. We specialize in fire damage restoration, water/flood damage restoration, weather damage restoration, content restoration, catastrophic loss restoration, and trauma/biohazard clean-ups. Service a vast trading area, Spectrum Restoration DKI has offices in Lloydminster, Wainwright and Cold Lake, Alberta.
At Spectrum Restoration DKI, we have a special environment. We want to associate ourselves with only those who are truly exceptional – those special people who have a strong desire to excel. We have no interest in merely achieving the ordinary. Our goal is the exceptional. As a member of our team you will be expected to lend your talents and energies to that goal. In return, you will have the rare opportunity to grow and advance on the basis of performance, and to develop the skills that will serve you well throughout your career.
Resumes (unsolicited or solicited) of candidates not offered employment will be retained by Spectrum Restoration DKI for one (1) year following receipt then destroyed in accordance with section 35 of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT of Alberta.
The Operations Manager will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation for one of our organization’s lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
The Operations Manager will also assist the Human Resources department with promoting a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Financial Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Operations Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
Oversee Creation and Administration of Budgets and Financial Information
- Regularly monitor expenses and curtail a department’s spending if necessary to keep the company on budget.
- Engage in cost-benefit analysis, seeking to obtain the best price for materials and oversee production methods so that output is at peak efficiency levels.
- Work with the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Technicians to ensure company financials are being handled in accordance with the law and company standards.
- Work with departmental managers on preparing and maintaining departmental budgets.
- Work with company ownership to ensure the organization is being led in the right direction by determining values and mission as well as short and long-term goals. Prepare and send reports (financial, KPI, business development, growth strategies, etc.)
- Identify and address problems while continuously seeking opportunities and new sources of revenue for the company.
Accountability of Project Management
- Oversee the Project Manager(s) to ensure planning, executing, and delivering contracted corporate projects are on time, within budget, and in accordance with specifications.
- Oversee the Safety Coordinator to ensure a high level of safety is maintained, compliance with COR, OH&S and other governing bodies.
- Oversee the Emergency Services Manager to ensure emergency services are conducive to the success of projects while following standards.
- Oversee the Rebuild Coordinator to ensure the rebuild services are scheduled and completed in accordance with the project schedule as well as building code and company standards.
Ensure Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Ensure all legal and regulatory regulations are being followed and proper documentation is being retained.
- Oversee the Compliance Manager to ensure KPIs are closely monitored and the company is in compliance with insurance standards while providing excellent customer service.
Supervise Supply Chain and Inventory
- Oversee the Shop Manager to ensure supply chain and inventory are properly managed; intervene and make adjustments as needed.
Workflow and Staffing
- Provide inspired leadership and promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale. Hold regular direct report meetings to stay abreast and active to correct any operational or performance deficiencies.
- Understand the organization’s commitment to recruit, hire, retain, and develop the most talented and superior employees available in the job market.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Manager to hire and train new employees, handle performance reviews of and disciplinary issues of direct subordinates.
- Adjust the workflow and reassign tasks to improve efficiency in the operation. Play an integral role in the development, implementation and review of operational policies and procedures.
- Background in construction management
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of financial management.