Water Damage can fall under a few different categories that will, once determined, affect the way the damage is treated/restored. Every loss is different and there are many factors taken into consideration when determining the right course of action.
- Fresh water – Category 1 loss:
- This is a loss of potable water that has escaped from a pipe rupture or toilet tank break/overflow. After this type of loss, many items can be dried and saved if treated properly/quickly.
- Grey Water – Category 2 loss:
- A loss of water from a source such as a washing machine or dishwasher overflow. These types of loss are treated on a case by case basis.
- Sewage – Black water – Category 3:
- These types of losses can be hazardous to your health if mistreated. Please do not enter the affected area after this type of loss to prevent health issues and possible disease. Also, keep pets from entering the area. Many items need be discarded after this type of loss but some items can be disinfected and salvaged.
No matter what type of water loss your property has suffered, if not treated promptly and correctly, all can be equally damaging and dangerous to the health of the buildings occupants. It is very important that you call immediately after this type of loss. Our 24hr Master Water Restoration Technicians will respond promptly to your loss. We are preferred vendors for a large number of insurance companies as well!!